The Duke Live!
As a prominent East End Historical landmark, The Duke Live has been part of the Leslieville landscape since 1870 and was originally named The Morin House Tavern.
This 19th century solid brick building was originally a restaurant and pub with an Inn on the second floor with rooms to rent when the area was named St. David’s Ward.
According to historical records, Richard Stone owned the location until he sold it to Blake Crawford in 1912. The building was then renamed The Duke (named after Prince Edward – Duke of York & Albany) and has carried the name through until today.
On June 13th 1983, City Council of Toronto listed the site as “Architectural Historical” and from that day, the building is safe from being torn down.
Newly renovated and amplified, the Duke of York’s rebirth will have Prince Edward rockin in his grave!
Located at Queen and Leslie, just seconds from the 24 hour streetcar (bus stop right at doors) The Duke is also easily accessible by the Gardiner Expressway and free parking.
Come on out and see what all the commotion is about! .