In today’s real estate market, it takes a lot more than a lawn sign to sell your house for top dollar. To get a premium return you need an experienced, energetic, hands-on agent who specializes in East Toronto real estate:
• One who knows your neighbourhood and has a proven track record of success
• One who understands how to price a property accurately
• One who uses a strategic marketing program to attract prospective purchasers
• One who has contacts within the industry to ensure maximum exposure for your listing
• One who sells homes quickly, at prices that meet or exceed the original listing price
• One who is honest, trustworthy and accessible at all times
• One who you’ll actually enjoy spending time with and hearing from
1. Do you work full-time or part-time as a Realtor?
Experience counts. Full-time work typically means more attention for you.
2. Do you work as part of a team?
If you’re looking for individual, hands-on attention during the sale of your property you’ll want to consider an independent Realtor over one who works on a team.
3. How are you planning on marketing my home?
Your home attracts the most excitement and interest when it is first placed on the market. That why it’s critical that the Realtor you work with has proven marketing systems and plans like the ones that I offer in place.
4. Why is your estimate of my home’s value so much higher than other agents?
Ask to see the comparisons (called “comps”). High volume agents may be motivated to list your house too high because they don’t need the quick commission. A new agent may list a home too low just to sell it quickly and get paid. Bottom line is that it’s your house and you need to do homework to ensure you’re asking the right price.
5. Why is your commission lower than other Realtors?
Paying a cut-rate commission will often get you a sign in the front yard and placement in the Multiple Listing Service, but little additional effort from your agent.
6. Will you be there when offers are presented?
Offer negotiation is one of the most important aspects of a home sale. Ensure your agent is going to be there in person, instead of handing off your deal to another agent.
7. How accessible are you?
Selling a home can be a complex process. To make the transaction as stress and hassle-free as possible, you need an agent who returns calls and emails promptly – not an administrative assistant.
8. Can you suggest service providers who can help me obtain a mortgage, perform inspections, make home repairs and close the transaction?
Experienced Realtors should be able to provide competent resources for assistance in a real estate transaction.
9. Can you provide me with the names and phone numbers of past clients who have agreed to be references?
Insights from past customers can help you learn more about an agent and give you a greater comfort level.
10. What sets you apart from other Realtors?
Every Realtor will answer this question differently. After meeting a prospective Realtor, you’ll need to ask yourself a few questions too.
• Did the Realtor appear to be an honest, trustworthy individual?
• Was the Realtor realistic when discussing potential pricing of your property?
• Did the Realtor communicate clearly?
• Does the Realtor have a proven marketing plan to promote your property?
• Is the Realtor committed, motivated and experienced?
Because I have made the decision not to work on a “team”, you’ll get my individual attention and will never become “just another listing” that gets “lost” in the shuffle. I don’t believe in “processing” transactions and want to be accountable, so you’ll never get passed along to another Realtor who has less experience or an administrative assistant who knows little about your property.
My service is personal and I will take the time to make sure I clearly understand your priorities and goals. Whatever it takes to ensure you are completely satisfied is my number one priority. As my past clients will attest, I’ve been known to roll-up-my-sleeves and wash windows, move boxes and furniture, and even weed gardens – whatever it takes to get the job done.
Selling a home is one of the most important decisions you’ll ever make. So is choosing a Realtor. You have my promise that I will do everything in my power to ensure the sale of your property is as stress-free and profitable as possible.
When negotiating an offer on your behalf I will act with integrity and bring an attitude of high expectations to the table, but I will also treat buyers respectfully (most people are fair and reasonable and respond well to having their concerns heard).
I believe this is one of the main reasons I have an established track record of bringing homebuyers and sellers together.